Thoughts on the Game of Thrones ending

Hi everybody,
So it's been about a week since I saw the ending of GoT and there have been some strong reactions on the internet. I understand why the hardcore fans are disappointed since the scheeming and the intrigues kind of disappear in the last season. As for me I have seen all the episodes from all the seasons but sometimes it went to slow for me and I didn't care about all the characters and so on. Season seven was my personal favourite and here are my thoughts on the ending.

In general I thought the end was meh. The season was exciting but it went to fast. I could on my own piece together how everything went down (I do have a vivid imagination) but I think we all would have liked to see have the characters got from A to B to C to D and not straight from A to F. The Night King and his army had been a threat for a really long time and the good guys win the fight in one episode. I mean it was an exciting and really great episode (girlpower, go Arya!) , but still only one episode. And I've heard a lot of complaints on the Dany developement, that she went crazy from one episode to another. I agree that it went fast in the end but there had been signs for a while. When watching the episode me and Alex bet on her not stopping and burning the place down, and we were right. 

As I said the ending was meh. Jon Snow has in all the seasons been knocked down only to get up again, he even died, but for the end he just crumbles. I think most of us thought he would end up on the throne and was cheering for him. Hard. He would have made a great king, I think. Instead he just disappears. After killing Dany he just doesn't see a reason to live or do anything. Bran becoming king instead was a surprise. And sending all the remaining Stark children in different directions, splitting them up forever, was not the optimal ending I was looking for. I have few problems with the ending (Cersei and Jaime being killed by the castle partly collapsing, Brienne choosing Jaime instead of Tormund and being betrayed) and there are a few loose threads that would have been nice to clean up. 

A while ago I saw a video with John Green where he said that he tries to find the positive things in the arts he enjoy. It inspired me, instead of tearing things apart I wanted to find the good in the ending. When breaking it down it doesn't feel as awful. Jon goes north, and it feels like he belongs there. He is reunited with Ghost and the wildlings. Arya continues to travel and to see adventure, she is not a lady she told us in the first season. Going west seems like a good choice for her. Sansa has defended the north with all her heart and she gets to continue to do that. Bran doesn't really care like a human being and will probably be a good king, so that is what he gets to do. Sam has found confidence and purpose and Tyrion gets the rest of his life to redeem himself. 

I really tried to not make this a whole novel, there are more thoughts I have on it but this were the most important. What are your thoughts on this? What is your biggest thought on GoT?

Hope you´re having a great day and until nex time, bye!

//Anna



Kommentarer

Populära inlägg