My DnD character died...

Hi everybody,
This spring I've begun to play Dungeons and Dragons with my boyfriend and a few friends. It has been really fun, it's something I've never done before so I've had to learn quite a few new things. And I created my own character which I was very proud of. I found her really cool and she fit me as I was learning to play. We reached level three and the unthinkable happened, I died. 

I knew that it was a possibility, I knew that things could at some point in the game go very wrong. That characters die. But I didn't think it would happen to ME. Things like that happens to others, not to me. Just like in real life. And I was only in level three and I was only opening a stupid door!

Anyways, I had a discussion about what was worse, when you have a character for a long time and you die or when you die early. From my personal experience I felt horrible because 1) I felt like a failure because I was only opening a stupid door and 2) because she didn't get to reach her full potential. She barely had time to start of, to get anywhere. So I get that when you've had the same character for a really long time it hurts when they die, but this sucked too. She deserved more, better. And I failed her. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Hope you're having a great day and until next time, bye!

// Anna

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg