A little thought on writing a clear picture

Hi everyone, 
Right now I'm working on the short-stories that we'll publish this summer. I've written seven of them and working on the eight, and this one is going slow. Not because it's not exciting, it is. And not because I don't know what is going to happen, I know exactly what is going to happen. I think that is the problem.

Most of the time when I write I don't know where I'm going with the stuff. Things evolve and take shape as I and that is what's exciting. Reading a book or watching a movie where you know exactly what is going to happen is seldom as exciting as reading/ watching something new. Since I have such a clear picture of what is going to happen in the story I'm writing it almost feels like it's done already. I know things will come up along the way that are new and I didn't think of in the beginning but they will be minor. So it is no longer exciting to explore it. Is there anyone who relates to this? That a clear picture is harder to get out than building one not knowing where you're going?

Of course I don't work blindly all the time. When you have an idea that stretches over four book manuscripts you have to have guidelines, a goal, but then the interesting part is how to get there. To see what happens along the way. It's like a maze where I know what's on the other side, but I don't know how to get there or what I'll find on my way there. People falling in love and people fighting. People making mistakes and people reaching their goals. People dying and people surviving. Sentences that I didn't know I could write appearing on the paper. Or rather on the screen these days. 

I guess I'll go back to writing my short-story now. Hoping that my brain will surprise me. 

Hope you're having a great day and until next time, bye!

// Anna

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg